From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Getting username from full name
Date Sun, 12 May 2013 17:32:59 GMT
Alan Cabrera wrote on Sun, May 12, 2013 at 10:21:42 -0700:

> On May 12, 2013, at 10:06 AM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
>
> > Daniel Shahaf wrote on Sun, May 12, 2013 at 20:04:08 +0300:
> >>
> >> /usr/local/etc/openldap/scripts/cli/list_memberships
> >
> > Actually, do not use that as is; it is intended for infra consumption
> > and thus shows memberships in certain operational groups as well.  Only
> > a subset of that script's output information is public.
>

> Perfect!!!!
>
> Is there a foolproof algorithm I can use to cull the operational
> groups from the results?

tbh, I think your best bet is to hook into the people.a.o site build, or
reuse what it does.  The culling is already implemented there.

Anyway, to your question: just use a whitelist approach: PMC groups are
safe, PMC committters groups are safe, board membership is safe, ASF
membership is safe (all of those are public knowledge anyway).  If you
run into something you don't recognise, omit it.

> Also, I was wondering if it would make sense to store podling information in LDAP instead
of podlings.xml.  Just a thought for discussion.

Been suggested before, I don't see it happening.

I will say, though, that the IPMC should keep track by itself of podling
committership/membership: some podlings have @committters=rw on their
tree and so there is no record anywhere in infra of their personnel
composition.