From Tony Stevenson <pct...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A server for Openmeetings
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 18:08:57 GMT
Tony Stevenson wrote on Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 06:46:55PM +0100:
> Alexei Fedotov wrote on Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 09:32:12PM +0400:
> > Tony, I'm sorry. This was discussed for sure. Things sometimes change over
> > time, that's why I have asked once again.
> >
> > We have have several test servers and chat channels hosted around. My
> > intention was to have more
> > development resources hosted @apache and branded by apache.
>
> Generally that is a good thing.  However your requirements are
> significant, and this is not something we could in all good faith commit
> too. Sorry.

Alexi, actually someone just reminded me that our new EU colo provider
has enough bandwidth to cope with your request - however it is not QoSed
so it cannot be guaranteed - but giving the amount they made available
to us I dont think you would make a significant dent in that.

The only issue now is the lack of hardware in this location to 'make it
so'. We could look at purchasing a new box for the site, but we wouldnt
be able to guarantee you the 25% of the server you wanted, and it would
be a virtual machine that we'd give you.

The colo would be in Europe, specifically in Germany.  Would this be an
issue for you?

Please let us know, and I *might* be able to carry this forward.

--
Cheers,
Tony

Tony Stevenson