From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Official code signing certificate
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 09:28:23 GMT
Hi,

I reused this existing thread to restart the discussion about official
code signing. In case of AOO we are moving towards our next major
release AOO 4.0 which is planned for end if June. With over 40 million
downloads in less than 1 year and most of them for Windows this topic is
still very important for the project to provide the best user experience
and the necessary trust in the product on modern Windows Systems like
Windows 8.

On http://wiki.apache.org/general/ASFCodeSigning#preview I started to
collect requirements and describe also the existing solution in AOO
today and how it can be used in a more general approach.

The proposal is only one example but I think a practical one when I take
all the security concerns into account. But of course it probably
requires interaction with the trusted paid staff members.

I hope we can move this important topic forward and can find a
satisfying solution for all ASF projects who need code signing.

Juergen