From Shawn Pearce <...@google.com>
Subject mirroring git.apache.org
Date Tue, 25 Dec 2012 19:56:12 GMT
Google would like to host a public mirror of git.apache.org on the
same speedy Git infrastructure we use to host Android[1], our public
mirror of git.kernel.org[2], and our public mirror of
git.eclipse.org[3]. The new mirror would be available at
https://apache.googlesource.com/.

I am trying to locate an HTTP URL we can periodically fetch to get the
list of available repositories. For example kernel.org gives us [4]
and eclipse.org gives us [5]. The only source I can locate for
git.apache.org is an XHTML index document that is much more difficult
to parse than the plain text formats we get from other sites. Is there
a plain text project listing we can parse? If not can infra make one
available?

Once setup the mirror will be served from 6 data centers (3 in the US,
2 in Europe, 1 in Asia) using Google's geo-location routing. Our
infrastructure typically does `git clone` in less than half the time
of normal Git hosting sites.

[1] https://android.googlesource.com
[2] https://kernel.googlesource.com
[3] https://eclipse.googlesource.com