From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Official code signing certificate
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 13:24:22 GMT
Adding another one to the list:  With the MacOS Mountain Lion update,
code signing is now expected by default, by their "Gatekeeper"
feature.

Some possibly useful information on how Mozilla dealt with this in Firefox:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/05/mozilla-preparing-mac-code-signing-for-mountain-lions-gatekeeper/

It sounds like in this case the certs come from Apple, not from a 3rd
party CA.  So a solution based on a Symantec coding signing service
would not help there.

Regards,

-Rob