www-infrastructure-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tony Stevenson <pct...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposed: Code (.jar/.msi/binaries) Signing Service Offer
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 22:20:26 GMT

Sent from my iPad

On 15 Aug 2012, at 23:09, Om <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>> On Jul 19, 2012, at 11:16 AM, Om wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 6:50 AM, Richard Hall <Richard_Hall@symantec.com>wrote:
>>> Hi Dave,
>>> Our hosted signing service does not currently provide the ability to sign
>>> Air applications, but we do offer Code Signing certs for Adobe Air from our
>>> website:
>>> http://www.symantec.com/verisign/code-signing/adobe-air
>>> Would this work for you?  Please let us know if you have any questions.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Rich
>> Rich,
>> This would work perfectly fine for us.
>> Om,
>> And now the question is for the Apache Infrastructure team. Assuming that
>> an apache.org certificate for signing AIr applications is purchased The
>> ASF how will it be handled? And that is the other thread.
>> Thanks,
>> Dave
> Do we know if there has been any work/discussion on this?  We are preparing
> our installer app for release and valid certificate would be very good to
> have.
> What should I (or infra) do to get this certificate approved and purchased
> for us by us?  How can I help speed up this process?
> Thanks,
> Om


We, infra, are still waiting for someone to come to us with a proposal on how to deploy this
within the bounds we have laid out several times both here and in Jira. We won't just randomly
set something up. 

Unto, we are receipt of such, and we have had a chance to review the same we won't be purchasing
any such certificate, and no project should be going direct to any supplier to do the same.
There are very real concerns we have and we want to see them fully addressed before proceeding.

To be clear, this needs to stop at this juncture until we ae happy to proceed. If you require
this for delivery of a binary installer, can I suggest that you and your project, perhaps
in conjunction with another projects come up with this plan we have asked for. 
View raw message