From "Joshi, Tilak (GSFC-423.0)[COLUMBUS TECHNOLOGIES AND SERVICES INC]" <tilak.jo...@nasa.gov>
Subject Why are there multiple installations of the wiki?
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 18:05:20 GMT
I recently opened an issue in the JIRA system (INFRA-4879<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4879>),
but was referred to this mailing list instead.  Please see my question below:

We are evaluating an installation for a multi-project wiki for the EOSDIS organization within
NASA, and we noticed that you guys run multiple installations of the underlying wiki software.

Is there a reason you chose a multi-installation approach vs an aggregated single installation
hosting all projects?

Our possible con we found for multi-installation approach is the updating/patching process.
Any update or patch would have to be propagated through multiple installations, instead of
a single installation. This adds overhead and creates room for error.

We are open to how we implement our solution. We respect the opinion of the community at large,
and any insight as to the pros and cons of the aforementioned approaches would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Tj

~
Tilak Joshi
Senior Web Architect
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (Contractor)
e: tilak.joshi@nasa.gov