From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [2/2] git commit: 8817b8b - site/htdocs/index.html
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 23:13:47 GMT
This should be a lot simpler than pubsub. If we really want EU mirrors
then we can just add a post-receive hook that'll mirror the updates
over. There's a special git push --mirror thing that'll take care of
the odds and ends for us.

The bigger question is whether we even need it at all. Given that Git
is distributed the interaction with the server is generally less
frequent than SVN. I'm also not sure about SVN's protocol, but Git
does push/pull in a single HTTP request which means that latency isn't
a big factor. And IIUC SVN writes from the EU are still proxied
through to the US anyway.

The other thing to consider is that we already have mirrors on GitHub.
I'm not sure how much (if at all) they mirror over to the EU but I've
never seen Europeans complain about it. So perhaps that's good enough
for our needs?