From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cloud services inquiry for Google Summer of Code project
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 12:07:15 GMT
Hi Tony,

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Tony Stevenson <pctony@apache.org> wrote:
> Lewis John Mcgibbney wrote on Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 12:55:27PM +0100:
>
> Honestly, no idea.  We have not yet done this for anyone, and we wont be able to help
you until you give us a very precise request.

I completely understand. Thanks for pointing this out.

> I dont mean to be rude or abrasive, but without such a detailed request we cant check
pricing etc, not too mention the time to set it all up.

No hassle as above, thanks for making this explicit.

> Would a Linux VM we host not suffice?

The problem with this project is that the entire project brief is a
module for Apache Gora which entirely relies on Amazon DynamoDB for
storage of data. We therefore use the Amazon developer kit within the
code, and no testing can be run unless there is access to a Amazon
cloud instance. In this respect I would say that unfortunately on this
occasions a Linux VM would not suffice.

Let me do more of my homework, get more code written and brief/scope
firmed up and I'll come back to you guys on this one Tony.

Thanks again

Lewis