From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: Official code signing certificate
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 20:35:27 GMT
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 3:52 AM, Jürgen Schmidt
<jogischmidt@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> The questions are
>> 1. how can we get an official valid Apache code signing certificate
>> 1.1 which steps are necessary because it is not for free
>>
>> 2. how can we use it in our build process or better how can we make it
>> useable for a limited group of users (I would say at least 3 PMC members
>> to have enough fall backs) to sign the final releases.

Before spending any more time on this, Jürgen would it be possible for
you to find answers to this outside of an ASF context?  Specifically,
is there somebody who knows how to get such a certificate and what it
would cost, and what it would take to use it?

Note: the final solution may not be that it is PMC members that are
the ones doing the signing.

- Sam Ruby