From Scott Deboy <scott.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where to deploy a Web Start application
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 20:54:41 GMT
Chainsaw is an end-user facing graphical application used by developers.

Chainsaw has been available as a Web Start application (from the Logging
Services site) for a number of years, and after the site change to CMS we
want to continue to support this.

Many users have used the Web Start link available from our current site as
a way to install and run Chainsaw and receive any updates automatically.
This feature is very useful to our user community, and outside of a need to
provide a special mime type with the download, requires almost no
infrastructure configuration to support.

Scott