From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Why are there multiple installations of the wiki?
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 14:22:25 GMT
Joshi, Tilak (GSFC-423.0)[COLUMBUS TECHNOLOGIES AND SERVICES INC] wrote on Tue, Jun 05, 2012
at 09:14:58 -0500:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Thank you for the quick response!  I am referring to
> http://wiki.apache.org.  More specifically, I am referencing the following
> text from the FrontPage:
>
> "Rather than host all the Wiki content in a single installation, we have
> per-project Wikis. You must log in separately to each distinct Wiki you
> wish to edit."
>
> I am interested in learning the pros and cons behind this approach as we
> are implementing a similar system.

Gavin outlined these in another reply to your post:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-infrastructure-dev/201206.mbox/%3C034e01cd4308$5c5e0f80$151a2e80$@16degrees.com.au%3E

(He CC'd only the list, so you wouldn't have received his reply unless
you were subscribed.)

HTH

Daniel