From imacat <ima...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>
Subject Self Introduction (and Would Like To Help OpenOffice Forum Admin)
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 16:14:22 GMT
Dear all,

    Hi.  This is imacat from Taiwan.  I am currently a member of the AOO
PMC, and would like to help admin the Apache OpenOffice users' forum.

    I have worked as a system admin and web developer with LAMP systems
since 1998, and am currently managing 6 production servers.  I work with
MySQL since 3.x, Apache HTTPD since 1.3, PHP since 3.x.  I believe my
past experience with LAMP systems will help.

    I have installed phpBB twice, but not used it much.  I used Xoops in
the past and can develop Xoops modules.

    For the social experiences:  I am currently the sysop of our major
local OpenOffice forum in Taiwan.  I worked as BBS board masters since
1990.  I'm currently the founder of Women in FOSS in Taiwan, and the
major organizer and promoter of our local Taiwan OpenOffice community.

    As for the future plans, I would like to learn about the current
Apache OpenOffice forum system and Terry's work.  I would also like to
learn and follow how our infrastructure team works.  In the future I
would like to check whether local forums are still managed or not,
finding new sysadmins and help it work.  As far as I know, some forums
are not managed.  This may not be a small job.

    I'm looking forward to work with you. ^_^

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>