From Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A server for Openmeetings Re: OpenMeetings status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "March2012" by SebastianWagner)
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 08:54:36 GMT
@sebastian sure 20 Mbit/s server that cannot replace openmeetings.de
@tony I suspected that bandwidth can be a problem, I recall how Apache
Harmony guys were banned due to frequent svn checkouts

I recall Apache owned several donated servers at different places, and
the server don't need to be close to the whole Apache infra. Could one
of these servers be used, or these remote donated servers are no
longer available?

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Tony Stevenson <pctony@apache.org> wrote:
> Alexei Fedotov wrote on Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:24:08AM +0400:
>> Hi Tony,
>>
>> There are requirements for hosting small conferences for ~8 people
>> (like Apache board):
>>
>> virtual Ubuntu host
>> 1Gb memory
>> 20 Mbit/s of bandwidth (the more, the better)
>
> Alexei, we dont have that amount of bandwidth to throw this.  Our main US circuit is
only 50Mb.  This has to provide all our other services too, such as svn, mail, www, mail-archives
etc.
> Right now we are pushinvg that circuit at over 100Mb during peak periods. Adding another
20Mb is likely to upset folks at OSU.

>> 25% of modern 2-core processor
>
> Other resources you request should be do-able without a great deal of strain.  It's
just the bandwidth requirements that make this look very unattractive.