From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Proposed: Code (.jar/.msi/binaries) Signing Service Offer
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 19:49:46 GMT
Taking a closer look at pg 3...

We will need to consider how this differs from our traditional
method of signing.  The flowchart is fairly clear.  It appears
that at any given time authorized users can upload an object
for signing, and obtain back either a dev, test or release signed
package.

The question is, for our purposes, will we simply jump straight
to the release signed package for voting?  Or do we want to take
advantage of that test flavor?

Perhaps we'll have to put it in motion, either as a beta experiment
or simply adopt it.  Because the ASF is very close to releasing

Any updates on the new .jar signing service features now that we
are in 2012?