From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: @apache.org commit address requirement (Was: Git hosting is go)
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 11:39:16 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 1:53 AM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On the other hand, I do worry about people that aren't completely
> familiar with Git will end up shooting themselves in the foot. And
> while we do have policies in place to handle such mess ups, why not
> spend a bit of time developing a system that automatically prevents a
> large class of accidents?

The problem here is that such an automatic prevention system is
interfering with valid workflows (i.e. pull requests) of projects like
Cordova/Callback that are already familiar with Git.

That's why I'd rather have this as an optional feature that could be
turned off by projects that would rather use social means to prevent
(and recover from) accidents.

BR,

Jukka Zitting