From Simon Pepping <sampepp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: @apache.org commit address requirement (Was: Git hosting is go)
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 09:23:40 GMT
With a workflow in which one pushes commits unmodified to the a.o repo,
what is the meaning of the Committer entry? It says that someone committed
it to some repo and nobody rewrote it since then. Either it should be
rewritten when a commit is committed to the a.o repo, or it should be
considered as meaningless. In the latter case, we introduce the role of
Pusher, which has no place in git's records. This discussion tries to find
such a place; is that useful?

Simon