From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: @apache.org commit address requirement (Was: Git hosting is go)
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 16:09:21 GMT
On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 5:19 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Instead of this %ce check I'd leave the commit messages as-is and
> rather augment the ref-updates.log with information about who pushed
> each individual commit. That gives us a more reliable record for tying
> individual changes to ICLAs than the %ce addresses in commit messages.

This sounds like the right approach. Making the committer be in
*@apache.org is much too strict
on the one hand and doesn't provide the desired property of knowing
who actually did the push to the
central repo. The record of who actually did the push to apache
central repo is required I think.

-- Owen