From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GitHub access to mirror CouchDB updates
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 19:18:12 GMT
Hi,

I guess we should replace the couchdb.git repository at git.apache.org
with the new one at git-wip-us.apache.org. I can set up an
automatically updated clone there.

The last I spoke with Github they asked us *not* to try pushing
updates to github.com/apache to avoid messing with their mirror setup.
I guess we should talk with them again about that since with push
access we could make the Github mirrors much more timely than what
they now are.

Anyway, I think we should start looking at merging the git.apache.org
and git-wip-us.apache.org codebases. Ideally I'd see all our Git
repositories, both read-only and read-write, served from a single
source at http://git.apache.org/. The best way to do that would
probably be to migrate the git-svn mirror functionality to
git-wip-us.apache.org and then when everything works fine switch the
git.apache.org domain name to point to that server.

BR,

Jukka Zitting