From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LDAP custom-asf schema - family name?
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 08:55:24 GMT
On 9 June 2011 08:49, Tony Stevenson <pctony@apache.org> wrote:

> Hey sebb,
>
> I have already extended the schema to include 4 of the 5 fields in the iclas.txt file.
> The availid, cant really be recorded ;-)  as this is your username.
>
> So we do now have the concept of 'public name', and 'legal name'
>
> I have added the values for my entry so as to show people what we can add.  I have also
edited the ACL, to only root/secretary to edit the all but the 'public name' which I have
allowed root/secretary@/$SELF to edit.

That entry looks as though it has all the needed fields.

However, I suspect only the asf-icla-publicname should be publicly readable.

>From the point of view of inputting the data, having entries for each
ICLA field makes it much simpler.

I assume that the cn is originally derived from the public name when a
new entry is added?

Subsequent edits should presumably be made to the cn field, rather
than the icla field?

It's a bit complicated, because the asf-icla-publicname field has no
corresponding entry in the CLA form itself.
I'm not sure how the public name is defined, other than by covering
letter or a note on the form itself.

BTW, when I use ldapsearch the icla file field wraps:

asf-icla-file: https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/documents/iclas/tony-steve
 nson.pdf

Is that a feature of ldapsearch or an error in the data?

> We can certainly add 'sn', and 'givenName' - again they have been on my record for ages.
 Do we have a known good source from which to definitively take this info from?  As your
cited example below of 'lewis ship' which is not hyphenated would sure make ingesting them
from iclas.txt quite difficult.  Unless we ingest on a best efforts basis, and then tell
committers to review their details and edit them if they are wrong (adding the fields to be
edited in id.a.o is trivial)

+1