From "Owen O'Malley" <owen.omal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Current use of GitHub
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 06:17:16 GMT
I use git extensively for Apache projects. The workflows depend on the
situation, but are complex enough that I need to explain the setup
often. I don't currently GitHub for much related to Apache projects.

I have a Yahoo machine that pulls down changes from the Apache git
mirrors. Most of the Yahoo devs working on Apache projects sync their
git repositories with that Yahoo machine, although some of the more
advanced users also sync directly with the Apache git repositories.

For reviewing and writing patches, git allows a single local
repository to easily context switch between them. Patches are rebased
to reflect external changes. When the patches are done, they are
uploaded to jira and committed to subversion.

The internal repository supports both internal branches and continuous
integration jobs that don't depend on connectivity to Apache
subversion.

-- Owen