From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Status of GIT for apache?
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 15:53:02 GMT
On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since there has been a long thread now about how to use GIT to interact with
> the apache SVN directories, I assume, that there'd be quiet an interest to
> have native GIT support by the ASF.
>
> So what is the current status? I'm still available to setup and maintain a
> Gerrit installation for the ASF. Is there any project interested to test it
> out?
>
> (What ist gerrit:
> http://alblue.bandlem.com/2011/02/gerrit-git-review-with-jenkins-ci.html
> )
>
> Best regards,
>
> Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

There's a Git component [1] for the INFRA project in Jira that lists
the tickets related to Git work at the ASF. The biggest issue I want
to tackle before getting people to use Git @ ASF is to plug
authorization directly into LDAP instead of using a file created for
SVN authorization.

After that it's mostly a matter of getting everything documented and
then tested in an actual production environment with mirroring to the
EU.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA/component/12312655