From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Current use of GitHub
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 09:33:32 GMT
Hi,

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlyubimov@apache.org> wrote:
> ps -- so obviously it would help if ASF git mirrors had the same
> history trees as git-svn trees. Then anything derived from ASF git
> would be directly mergeable for commit. I am not sure why current ASF
> git commit hashes do not match what i get in git-svn but it would have
> been great if they did (or perhaps i have a wrong version of git-svn?)

Did you follow the "Git for Apache committers" instructions from [1]?
If you do, then your git svn dcommit should produce the same commit
hashes as the ones created by git.apache.org. The important bit is
having an up to date svn.authorsfile configured.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/general/GitAtApache

BR,

Jukka Zitting