From Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Follow up questions for git-svn users
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 13:07:29 GMT
fr., 29.04.2011 kl. 08.56 -0400, skrev Paul Davis:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 6:40 AM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> > Kristian Rosenvold wrote on Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 07:34:11 +0200:

> >> This is just the classic rebasing game as far as I can see. If you
> >> have related topic brances you just have to rebase all of them at
> >> once and keep their existing relationships. It's described under
> >> "RECOVERING FROM UPSTREAM REBASE" in man git-rebase

> >> git-svn uses svn through the standard svn configuration. As long as
> >> you keep the svn setup correct, git-svn will use that.
> >>

> > In more concrete terms: are you saying that git-svn respects ~/.subversion/config[auto-props]?
> >
> > The man page doesn't talk either about setting properties manually or
> > about auto-props, so I'm not sure how much of that git-svn supports.
> >
> >> Kristian

> In CouchDB we just check in our .gitignore files to SVN. Anything that
> needs prop editing I do from a direct SVN check out. git-svn doesn't
> create .gitignore files from svn:ignore properties, but it seems to
> respect svn:exectuable. I've got no idea about other svn:properties,
> but my guess would be probably not if normal git doesn't have a
> corresponding feature.

git-svn actually *uses* your local svn installation to commit, they did
not reimplement subversion.

I have my local svn environment set up as per asf guidelines and have
not had a single complaint about my file attributes being wrong (and I
*would* get them ;) That's all I can tell.

.gitignore is a totally different beast; most projects I work on have
manually maintained .gitignores checked into svn.

Kristian