From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: axis2-c git mirror points to old svn trunk
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:05:28 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Ben Noordhuis <info@bnoordhuis.nl> wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe
> git://git.apache.org/axis2-c.git should mirror
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/axis/axis2/c/core/trunk
>
> The Subversion repo moved early last year[1] but the Git mirror still
> points to the old location.

Updating the Git mirror settings is not yet a standard part of a TLP
migration process, so a separate request (like the one you just made)
is needed to update the mirror configuration.

The old Axis2/C repository structure didn't follow the standard
{trunk,branches,tags} layout (it was instead
{trunk/c,branches/c,tags/c}), so our standard migration script can't
handle the move without some adjustments. Is it OK if I simply
recreate the Git mirror based on the new location instead of
attempting to do the migration? Recreating the mirror will likely
break the Git commit history so any existing clones would need to be
recreated.

BR,

Jukka Zitting