From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: asfgit-admin.git (Was: Blog post on Gerrit (GIT review tool))
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:20:05 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:37 PM, Paul Davis
<paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> So far, it's got most of the requested features listed in the INFRA
> Git component such as:

Sounds great!

> Yeah, I only didn't put it into SVN because I wasn't given a place to
> write to and I was trying to minimize the number of requests I was
> asking of the infra team. Also, I was worried that all life would stop
> instantaneously and then having every molecule in my body would
> explode at the speed of light [2].

That's a very good reason. :-) As Daniel mentioned, the only thing I'd
really ask for is commit notifications.

> I would say that depends on how patient you are. If you don't mind
> hitting bugs and reporting or fixing them then I'd say it's pretty
> close to ready for experimental testing.

That's exactly the state I'm looking for. The Oak lab is a hobby
project for which I have no set schedule or deadlines, so it's no
problem if the system breaks down and needs fixing. And with Git I
don't even need to worry about the server crashing entirely and taking
all my bits with it. :-)

BR,

Jukka Zitting