From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blog post on Gerrit (GIT review tool)
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:55:12 GMT
Hi,

[replying only on infra-dev@]

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> wrote:
> How do you think in general about GIT for the ASF? It puzzles me, that there
> doesn't seem to be much of an interest to get official GIT repositories
> despite the pain of working with Subversion. The discussion on infra@a.o is
> stale for more then 2 months now.

Sorry about that. I've been busy writing a book and it seems like the
read-write git effort started at ApacheCon has not picked up speed.
I'm on target to finish writing the book at the end of this month, and
I'm dying to get back to more actively drive the Git efforts here. :-)

I noticed your earlier Gerrit work and would like to see some of that
being channeled back to our infra. I already have an earlier
experimental Gerrit setup at http://git.apache.org/gerrit/ (see [1]),
but so far it never went anywhere due to lack of time. Would you be
interested in becoming a co-admin of that setup?

[1] http://markmail.org/message/24zkrctjzqf6t3ar

BR,

Jukka Zitting