From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sonar instance ETA
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 12:36:58 GMT
Some final changes:
- switched to -XX:+UseCompressedOops on the builds and servers to constrain memory some more
and avoid swapping
- increased ulimit -n on jenkins

I'll watch it a couple of days and push all this to the wiki.

On 21/02/2011, at 11:44 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> Gav did a full review of the configuration today, further to the other changes made.
>
> I've made some other significant changes to reduce the memory being allocated (as it
seemed to be causing the system to run out of RAM):
> - stopped using a local slave (it wasn't starting due to changes in SSH anyway), builds
can be on master here
> - reduced Jenkins & Sonar Tomcat instances to the recommended default MAVEN_OPTS
for now
> - changed the default MAVEN_OPTS to -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m (seems to be needed
for compilation of several projects). Added more memory only for projects that need it specifically
(so far only 1)

> The main improvement seemed to be dropping the large perm gen on several of the above.
all the projects are building now, but we should monitor it to see how stable the main sonar
instance remains.

> Should we move to builds@apache.org to discuss this? It's somewhat build related and
I think it'd be helpful to have other hudson/jenkins admins comparing notes.