From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sonar instance ETA
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2011 12:44:20 GMT
Gav did a full review of the configuration today, further to the other changes made.

I've made some other significant changes to reduce the memory being allocated (as it seemed
to be causing the system to run out of RAM):
- stopped using a local slave (it wasn't starting due to changes in SSH anyway), builds can
be on master here
- reduced Jenkins & Sonar Tomcat instances to the recommended default MAVEN_OPTS for now
- changed the default MAVEN_OPTS to -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m (seems to be needed for
compilation of several projects). Added more memory only for projects that need it specifically
(so far only 1)

The main improvement seemed to be dropping the large perm gen on several of the above. all
the projects are building now, but we should monitor it to see how stable the main sonar instance
remains.

Should we move to builds@apache.org to discuss this? It's somewhat build related and I think
it'd be helpful to have other hudson/jenkins admins comparing notes.

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org