From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Blog post on Gerrit (GIT review tool)
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:13:16 GMT
Hello Jukka,

I have just read the blog post of Alblue
http://alblue.bandlem.com/2011/02/someday.html which was mentioned
by Thomas at the beginning of the thread and I found it quite
convincing. Especially with the part about the use of jenkins to
validate the branches/patches.

Reading this gives me a feeling that it could help various contributors
in the community to prepare patches and give a chance
to the committers to have a process to work on the patches/bug reports.

I am sensitive too to the rationale exposed by Thomas to use a proven
system rather than try to develop one's own.

That said if we can get both the system of Paul and gerrit working it
would be great.

That will give me [ and maybe a lot of other committers at Apache ]  a
chance to get exposed to git. I have only used git once a few seconds
for now.

Regards,

Antoine