From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sonar at Apache
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 01:30:17 GMT
On 06/12/2010, at 12:04 PM, Luciano Resende wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 9:40 PM, Gav... <gavin@16degrees.com.au> wrote:
>>> Jukka asked for and was given the go ahead to install Sonar on one of our
>>> machines. No idea why he never, I assume he just ran out of time. No one
>>> else in infra has picked it up.
>>
>> Yep. The free cycles I had to spend on this when I asked for the
>> required infra bits (INFRA-2551) had already been spent by the time we
>> got the new server online a few months later.
>>
>> I'm about to finish a book project in a few months, so I should then
>> again have some free time for this, but it would of course be great if
>> someone else wanted to set up Sonar already before that.
>>
>> BR,
>>
>> Jukka Zitting
>>

> I've been experimenting with sonar in my local server, and if we have
> the server ready I can help getting it setup.

I volunteered last time and still happy to help (but not to drive it).

Gav made some good suggestions if SonarSource wanted to set up their own instance and get
it used more. If we're going to run it here, I know SonarSource have at least one ASF committer
on staff that might be encouraged to get involved.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org