From Jeremy Thomerson <jer...@thomersonfamily.com>
Subject Re: Full support for Git at Apache, a dangerously indigo plan.
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 04:09:32 GMT
On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Paul Querna <paul@querna.org> wrote:

>  Goal: Indigo is my color today. <http://indigo.bikeshed.com/>  We
> will be providing full r/w git support for projects.  It isn't a
> trivial project, both for communities and for infrastructure.

This is great news!  I unfortunately missed ApacheCon (and subsequently,
involvement in or listening in on these discussions) this year because of
client requirements.  So, I have two follow-up questions:

1 -  originally when I heard of full git read/write support, the requirement
was going to be that all git commits were still going to be pushed into SVN
as the "authoritative" backend.  Is that the case, or will there be
"authoritative" git repos?

2 - I had starting working on scripts to convert our read-only git access
into svnpubsub-based git syncing, and when I had that ready, I was going to
use it to try to get GitHub permission for us to push our git repos to them
rather than them pulling (since they sometimes fall days out of sync.  Is
this still useful?  I suppose it could be for making projects that will stay
svn-based available in read-only git format.  But I want to be sure before I
continue.

Thanks!
Jeremy Thomerson