From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Full support for Git at Apache, a dangerously indigo plan.
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 20:00:11 GMT
Hi,

Finally got around to reacting to this. Great stuff, thanks for taking the lead!

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Paul Querna <paul@querna.org> wrote:
> Indigo is my color today. <http://indigo.bikeshed.com/>

Did you consider pink, with yellow dots?

>  Task: Recruit people to help with the following tasks.

Sign me up.

>  Task: Evaluate Gitolite <https://github.com/sitaramc/gitolite>  We
> can definitely at least learn things from Gitolite even if we do not
> end up using the code.

Gitolite looks interesting. I looked at Gitosis before, but dropped it
since there was no obvious way to make it meet our legal/audit
requirements. So far I've been looking at Gerrit, but perhaps Gitolite
supports our needs too.

The nice thing with Gerrit is that it's already used by Eclipse, who
are quite similar to us, so we could just duplicate their setup. The
bad thing with Gerrit is that it's Java software that Infra hasn't
traditionally been too excited about.

More comments in the INFRA issues you filed.

BR,

Jukka Zitting