From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: Gerrit over gitolite? was: Git Tasks
Date Sun, 28 Nov 2010 18:53:23 GMT
I'm not sure this has been clear, but right now I don't think we will
use either.

For the ASF needs a primarily http-driven git environment, with many
custom hooks.  gitolite isn't really meant for what the ASF wants from
git repositories, I mentioned it mostly as an interesting related
implementation that we should at the last be mindful of.

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 3:41 AM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
> As an old git guy, I'd also suggest to use gerrit over gitolite.
>
> pro: better tested, more functionality
> con: uses jgit (pure java impl of git) which is always a tick behind the nativ impl.
But all the basic things work really well.

"Paul Querna" <paul@querna.org>, "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>