From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git Tasks
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 17:32:49 GMT
On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Paul Querna <paul@querna.org> wrote:
> An update, about 20 days after the tasks were created.
>
> No work has actually been done, by anyone.
>
> For the foreseeable future we have no dedicated resources that can be
> put to work on the various full git support tasks.
>
> If people want to move things along on a quicker pace, we need your help.
>
> I expected more people to contribute, since git has been a hot button
> issue for the last 4 years at the foundation.
>
> If people contribute, anyone sufficiently motivated and competent
> enough to participate constructively will get infrastructure karma.
>
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Paul Querna <paul@querna.org> wrote:
>> I've put a starting list of some of the tasks we need to do for the
>> Apache/Git project.
>>
>> Contributors on a mission, get hacking:
>>
>> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/brodwse/INFRA/component/12312655>
>>
>> If you are a committer, please just go straight and checkin any hooks
>> or code into <https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/trunk/projects/git/>
>>
>> If not, post here or attach in Jira.
>>
>> The list in jira isn't a complete list, and it is mostly things that
>> we need to do no matter what other decisions we make latter.

Reading through the list of tasks there's quite a bit that I could
work on. After an informal vote with the CouchDB committers, we'd like
to be a guinea pig project for ASF support.

I can start by trying to get some of these tasks working locally, but
is there a place I should be working on ASF servers as I go through
these tasks? The bits dealing with Gitolite might be better with a
public instance to work with.

Thanks,
Paul Davis