From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: Full support for Git at Apache, a dangerously indigo plan.
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 04:36:34 GMT
On 11/4/2010 12:04 AM, Jeremy Thomerson wrote:
> While I whole-heartedly agree with this whole-repo access for a committer on
> a TLP, some other projects do not.  Those projects may not be something to
> copy, but I do not know what the official stance is.  The instance I'm
> thinking of is Hadoop, where they limited committers to certain subsections
> of code.  I'm fairly sure I remember reading that they limited committers to
> sub-project sections of code, and I'm pretty sure that I also heard someone
> imply (although I'm not sure it was technically true) that new committers
> were limited to some "probationary" branch.  I don't agree with the latter,
> but I think that introducing committers to a subproject might be a request
> we get, so we could potentially have path-based (or even branch-based) auth
> requirements.
Unless something changes, our initial offering will be all or nothing.
There will be no path based auth to start.

VP Apache Infrastructure; Member, Apache Software Foundation
Committer,                        FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant,                       P6M7G8 Inc.
Sr. System Admin,                 Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.