From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject CMS HowTo
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2010 17:07:50 GMT
Greets,

We'd like to switch the website for the Lucy podling over to the new CMS, so
I'm looking for documentation on how to use it.  When people have asked for
guidance before, I've seen them pointed towards
<http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html>.  However, the primary purpose of this
page appears to be providing a rationale for why the system needed to be
built.  There's a lot of technical and political background detail that I only
vaguely understand.  The sections which relate to actually using the system
make up only a small portion of the page and are located towards the bottom.
Are users really the intended audience?

Some sort of cookbook/howto/tutorial documentation aimed at project/podling
committers who want to build a site from scratch seems like it would be
helpful.  Does such documentation exist somewhere?  If not, can I pitch in and
help write it?

It seems to me that a sample project website template that I can "svn copy"
into place and then customize would be a good way to get started...

Marvin Humphrey