From Tony Stevenson <t...@pc-tony.com>
Subject Re: Full support for Git at Apache, a dangerously indigo plan.
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 20:11:07 GMT
On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 10:00:11PM +0200, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Finally got around to reacting to this. Great stuff, thanks for taking the lead!
>
> On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Paul Querna <paul@querna.org> wrote:
> > Indigo is my color today. <http://indigo.bikeshed.com/>
>
> Did you consider pink, with yellow dots?
>
> >  Task: Recruit people to help with the following tasks.
>
> Sign me up.
>
> >  Task: Evaluate Gitolite <https://github.com/sitaramc/gitolite>  We
> > can definitely at least learn things from Gitolite even if we do not
> > end up using the code.
>
> Gitolite looks interesting. I looked at Gitosis before, but dropped it
> since there was no obvious way to make it meet our legal/audit
> requirements. So far I've been looking at Gerrit, but perhaps Gitolite
> supports our needs too.
>
> The nice thing with Gerrit is that it's already used by Eclipse, who
> are quite similar to us, so we could just duplicate their setup. The
> bad thing with Gerrit is that it's Java software that Infra hasn't
> traditionally been too excited about.

Theo Schnas-whatsa-nagle suggested we looked at mtrack [1] - He said it offerred all the features
of github, and possibly some more, but the biggest benfit for us would be the ability to control
the tooling.

This is based on trac, but before you get all hot under th collar, take a look at the features.

[1] --  http://groups.google.com/group/mtrack/

--
Cheers,
Tony