From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gerrit over gitolite? was: Git Tasks
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 20:01:58 GMT
Thomas,

On Nov 28, 2010, at 1:51 PM, Thomas Koch wrote:

> could you please elaborate on this? It seems like a huge mistake to me to not
> use gerrit and instead rebuild most of the functionality of gerrit with home

We are not talking about individual tools yet.  This is not the time to push one tool over
another: we're still figuring out what the needs and requirements are specific to our foundation
mandate, infrastructure requirements and the capability of our staff to support what we end
up with.

If we end up adopting an existing tool, great.  If we decide that building and supporting
a home-grown solution will be less of a burden on our Infrastructure ecosystem, then that's
what we will do.

For now, please stop pushing for it is not a positive contribution to the discussion.

S.

--
Sander Temme
sctemme@apache.org