From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: git discussion at apachecon?
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 13:20:56 GMT
On Thu, 28 Oct 2010, Brian Fox wrote:
> After that last blow-out over Maven wanting to use Git, the discussion
> ended with Bertrand offering to setup a git discussion at AC.

I think it was myself and Tony who agreed to help make the meeting happen.

If memory serves, we're hoping to get most of the current infra volunteers
there, along with potential new git-using infra volunteers, and people who
have real experience of using + running git. ("I use git on github and
it's the best thing ever" isn't what we're after, more "I host half a
dozen git repos for people"). We want to look at what might be involved in
hosting git repos at the ASF, covering authentication, stability, what
might go wrong, what proceedures might be needed, can we enforce valid
workflows or do we have to rely on users etc.

> Did we ever get that planned? I want to make sure I schedule in to be
> there for it.

We got the ok in principal for the room from Charel on Tuesday or
Wednesday, but we didn't set a concrete date+time for it yet.

Nick