From Tony Stevenson <t...@pc-tony.com>
Subject Re: git discussion at apachecon?
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 13:50:07 GMT
On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 02:20:56PM +0100, Nick Burch wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Oct 2010, Brian Fox wrote:
> >After that last blow-out over Maven wanting to use Git, the
> >discussion ended with Bertrand offering to setup a git discussion
> >at AC.
>
> I think it was myself and Tony who agreed to help make the meeting happen.
>
> If memory serves, we're hoping to get most of the current infra
> volunteers there, along with potential new git-using infra
> volunteers, and people who have real experience of using + running
> git. ("I use git on github and it's the best thing ever" isn't what
> we're after, more "I host half a dozen git repos for people"). We
> want to look at what might be involved in hosting git repos at the
> ASF, covering authentication, stability, what might go wrong, what
> proceedures might be needed, can we enforce valid workflows or do we
> have to rely on users etc.

Infra issues include:

SVN to remain the canonical VCS
Non-Repudiation
Workflows
On going support

Others too likely, but the first two are biggest ones.

> >Did we ever get that planned? I want to make sure I schedule in to
> >be there for it.
>
> We got the ok in principal for the room from Charel on Tuesday or
> Wednesday, but we didn't set a concrete date+time for it yet.

Im more inclinded to do this during the hackathon.  Where the conversation could be more dynamic,
and allow folks with an interest to join as they feel fit.

--
Cheers,
Tony

Tony Stevenson