From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: CQ5 CMS
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2010 23:57:14 GMT
On Jun 18, 2010, at 2:28 PM, Gav... wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I've emailed Roy and Jukka a fair few times now over the months, trying to
> get either one to
> install CQ5 for testing - or to supply a copy of it so I can install it
> myself.
>
> We have a VM ready and waiting at wcmdemo.a.o (and both roy and jukka have
> accts ready)

Sorry, I have had no free time this year.  Zero commits outside
of board, nothing to show for httpbis, and that situation won't
change for at least another week (our baby has a hernia and
surgery in scheduled for Monday).

> We DO plan on replacing Confluence as a poor mans CMS as soon as possible
> (though it WILL
> remain as a wiki).
>
> Any ideas on when we are likely to be able to pursue this, or, if things
> have changed and this
> is no longer going to be the case, please let us know so we can forget about
> it and pursue
> other avenues,

You can pursue other avenues any time you like.  Please do if
you have any other volunteers -- there is no reason to assume
CQ5 will be acceptable even once we install it on wcdemo.

As to timing, the main problem I ran into is that we need a
custom compiled version of our dispatcher (think mod_proxy_http
with custom cache replacement) for our alpha version of httpd,
and I haven't a friggin clue how to compile the beast.
Aside from that,

is that we are waiting for some
fixes

.  Seriously, I waited six months or