From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: New lab, using Git
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2010 17:36:43 GMT
On Jun 18, 2010, at 9:41 AM, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> On 06/18/10 12:19, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since there were no objections so far, I'll move forward on this over
>> the next few days.
>>
>> I'll use labs@ for topics related to the proposed Oak lab itself, and
>> infra-dev@ for stuff related to the required Gerrit setup.
>>
>> BR,
>>
> Jukka, sorry, I've not been paying enough attention due to real life.
>
> <Infra VP Hat>
> There are several issues [1] with what you propose.  Some of them we can
> fix others we can't.  Please hold off for now until we discuss this some
> more.  I think at this point a better venue would be infra-private until
> we bring the results back to the public eye.
>
> 1.  You're running a production service, and of all services Version
> 	control in a ZONE.
> 2.  Nobody knows how this works other then you.
> 3.  Just b/c its a lab doesn't mean its free of the ASF wide policy
> 	guidelines.
> </Infra VP Hat>

On the contrary, because it is a lab it is not able to do releases
and is not an Apache project.  It is therefore outside any of our
policies regarding Apache releases, including use of subversion.
I don't think there should be any more restrictions placed on labs
than we would place on what committers do with their home directory
on people.a.o.

....Roy