From "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>
Subject RE: CQ5 CMS
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2010 00:43:26 GMT

Sorry to hear that ,all the best.

> > We DO plan on replacing Confluence as a poor mans CMS as soon as
> possible
> > (though it WILL
> > remain as a wiki).
> >
> > Any ideas on when we are likely to be able to pursue this, or, if
> things
> > have changed and this
> > is no longer going to be the case, please let us know so we can
> forget about
> > it and pursue
> > other avenues,
>
> You can pursue other avenues any time you like.  Please do if
> you have any other volunteers -- there is no reason to assume
> CQ5 will be acceptable even once we install it on wcdemo.

Right, but it does looks good, we have already discounted other
software and I think just wanted to see how this faired before
going elsewhere or not.

> As to timing, the main problem I ran into is that we need a
> custom compiled version of our dispatcher (think mod_proxy_http
> with custom cache replacement) for our alpha version of httpd,
> and I haven't a friggin clue how to compile the beast.

ok.

> Aside from that,
>
> is that we are waiting for some
> fixes
>
> .  Seriously, I waited six months or
> so for a machine or a zone

Right, which was one reason I picked up the dropped ball and got it done in
January. Confluence as a CMS proved its unsuitability for us once again when
we were forced to upgrade it recently, breaking a number of static site
exports in the process, projects are complaining again so was just
attempting
to pick this up again and see how we were situated.

Thanks

Gav...