From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Gerrit is up
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 15:47:43 GMT
Hi,

I got around to installing Gerrit on git.apache.org. The server is
available at http://git.apache.org:8080/ and is currently configured
to allow anyone to register a user account and anyone to sign in as
anyone else (i.e. no security). This is an experimental test-only
deployment, do not expect to use it for normal development.

Our existing Git mirrors are available through Gerrit, but only in
read-only mode. You can post changes to Gerrit and go through the
review process, but at the end Gerrit won't be able to commit the
changes to the upstream repository. It doesn't seem possible at the
moment to make Gerrit do a git-svn dcommit, so I'm not sure if we can
use Gerrit as a way to funnel Git commits to the svn repository.

Instead it would be interesting to experiment with Gerrit as a way to
manage native Git repositories in a way that's compliant with ASF
policies. I'm not sure how to go about experimenting with this. We
could set up some dummy project first, or perhaps allow some Labs
codebase to use a Gerrit-managed Git repository instead of svn for
source control.

BR,

Jukka Zitting