From Andrus Adamchik <aadamc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is it necessary that an I18N project in Apache
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 12:55:28 GMT
O like the idea. Probably the way to go about it is to look for
projects interested in being translated and a minimal group of
volunteers who will do the translation. And if there's interest on
both sides, see if we can set up a sandbox translation app to try out
the process.

Speaking for the project I am mostly involved with, Apache Cayenne, I
would say it would be nice to translate Cayenne docs to Chinese. But
then we hit another problem - we have no idea who are the people in
China using Cayenne and how to "market" it to the Chinese speaking
world, and then how to get feedback. The lack of an effective
communication channel IMO is a more general problem to solve here, of
which translation is one important part.

Andrus