From Kevin Menard <nirvd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: github pull requests
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 20:11:30 GMT
On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:

> On 13/12/2009 18:52, Kevin Menard wrote:
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > If they don't post the patch to one of the bug trackers, how do you deal
> > with the licensing issue?  I've been making people attach to JIRA just so
> we
> > have an audit trail indicating we do have a license for the code.
>
> There is no licensing issue. Whilst having the audit trail via JIRA is a
> nice to have it is not necessary. See section 5 of the AL v2.

Gotcha, but applying a patch from someone else's fork doesn't mean they
actually agreed to license the work to you.  The audit trail seems pretty
important in this case.  I guess the pull request in and of itself would
serve as a good trail, providing they were directed to the dev list as Paul
suggested.

--
Kevin