From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recurrent pb with Subversion ...
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2009 12:34:25 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny
<elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
> I would not say unfrequent. May be I'm committing at a higher rate, but I
> get this problem more than once a week.

With over 200 commits this month, I'm not surprised if you see the
problem a few times a week. That's in line with my earlier measurement
of < 5% of commits being affected.

> As I said, it's probably more an annoyance than someting else, but at some
> point, if I switch to svn.us.a.o, and if everybody does the same thing, then
> what's the point to have a svn.eu mirror :) ?

There's probably only a handful of committers in Europe whose average
commit rate exceeds a commit per day. Others hardly ever see this
problem, and for them the benefits of the local mirror are by far
bigger than the occasional glitch caused by the sync delay.

It would be great if there was a way to get rid of these issues or to
reduce the problem frequency by shortening the sync delay, I just
don't know how to accomplish that and the itch for me isn't bad enough
to spend more time looking for solutions.

BR,

Jukka Zitting