From Emmanuel LŽcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recurrent pb with Subversion ...
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2009 12:47:55 GMT
Jukka Zitting a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny
> <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I would not say unfrequent. May be I'm committing at a higher rate, but I
>> get this problem more than once a week.
>>

> With over 200 commits this month, I'm not surprised if you see the
> problem a few times a week. That's in line with my earlier measurement
> of < 5% of commits being affected.

I guess so ... I will try to commit less ;)

>> As I said, it's probably more an annoyance than someting else, but at some
>> point, if I switch to svn.us.a.o, and if everybody does the same thing, then
>> what's the point to have a svn.eu mirror :) ?
>>

> There's probably only a handful of committers in Europe whose average
> commit rate exceeds a commit per day. Others hardly ever see this
> problem, and for them the benefits of the local mirror are by far
> bigger than the occasional glitch caused by the sync delay.
>
> It would be great if there was a way to get rid of these issues or to
> reduce the problem frequency by shortening the sync delay, I just
> don't know how to accomplish that and the itch for me isn't bad enough
> to spend more time looking for solutions.

As I said, it's much more an annoyance than something else to me, and I
can live with it. I just wanted to be sure that this problem didn't get
under any radar. If by any chance someone had a solution, that could
have helped me, otherwise, maybe now that subversion is an ASF project,
I could fill a JIRA/Whatever (at least when they will have set up a bug
tracking system :)

Thanks Jukka, and happy new year !