From Tony Stevenson <t...@pc-tony.com>
Subject Re: Writable git repositories
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 13:31:23 GMT

On 9 Oct 2009, at 14:22, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> On Oct 9, 2009, at 4:14 PM, Kevin Menard wrote:
>
>> So, the way I've worked around on the mirroring lag is largely to not
>> commit anything unless I have 15 min. to sit around and go through a
>> dcommit/rebase cycle.
>
> I am not sure if there's really any backend difference between EU
> and main SVN, or this is just my perception. But recently I stopped
> using EU URL for git-svn and hit the main ASF repo directly. I
> barely see a mirroring lag anymore. 99% of commits would work in one
> step, without a need to do a manual rebase. Those that require a
> rebase, are synchronized almost immediately.

Exactly.  The only difference is that any commits 'trough' the EU
mirror are proxied to the US master, and then replayed back to the EU
mirror hence the lag, especially during periods of large commits.  So
actually saving up commits is more detrimental than helpful.

Change to https://svn.us.a.o to avoid such delays.

> Andrus

Cheers,
Tony